#BringThemHomeNow

Apr 11, 2014

Letter to the Wall Street Journal, RE: Ayaan Hirsi Ali's op-ed "Here's What I Would Have Said at Brandeis," April 10

I have not always agreed with Ayaan Hirsi Ali, but her case ("Here's What I Would Have Said at Brandeis," op-ed, April 10) is made simply, passionately, and with respect for disagreement. Calls for an internal "Muslim Reformation" do resonate for me as a rabbi, as the internal reformation of Judaism, emending tradition where needed, birthed my own sacred home. Perhaps she is correct? But can a call "from the outside" be resonant "on the inside?"

Rabbi Menachem Creditor
Congregation Netivot Shalom
Berkeley, California

Total Pageviews

NEW BOOK! Calling Out: Psalms for Today

Calling Out: Psalms for Today www.amazon.com/dp/B0D22YG9X7 co-edited with Sarah Tuttle-Singer The night of April 13, 2024 the People of Isra...