#BringThemHomeNow

Aug 30, 2011

Mighty Comfort

Mighty Comfort
(C) Rabbi Menachem Creditor

Celebrating the birth of Gavriel Mendel ben haRav Yonatan ve Frayda

The taste of the grape juice still on my lips,
Heart pounding, tears drying,
I remember that day.

My little boy,
So small,
So fragile.

Before everyone sang I was doubting myself, but their faces, their voices, their souls drew mine into a dance that, every once in a while, begins again.  Like today's tearful, soulful dance.

When I brought my son into the covenant,
I was awash with the cosmos. 
Like today.

When we touch,
through experience,
the grandeur of God,
we swim and dance and cry and sing.

We can be comforted in this way by God.
Today.
Right now.

------
Rabbi Menachem Creditor
netivotshalom.org ::  menachemcreditor.org

This email was sent from my phone.  Please forgive any typos.

Total Pageviews